Yes, I got this idea off Facebook. But it doesn’t necessarily have to be shared there. I think Eclectic Horseman is a fine place. Write a note to the Editor and add your own idea to be included in the next issue of the magazine.
- Bring your horse in and give him a very good grooming. Then turn him (back) out.
- Get a referral to a human physical therapist to work on evenness and flexibility in your body.
- Read or reread a book by one of the masters of horse psychology and training.
- Participate in a seminar on clicker training. Use the technique to put your horse in charge of his learning; it’s up to him to figure out what he needs to do to hear that click and get a treat.
- Figure out how to divide your horse’s daily hay ration into one additional
- Try a new activity with your horse. Incorporate trotting poles, try Le TREC, or trailer to a place you’ve never ridden.
- Enroll in yoga or Pilates.
- Take a private lesson.
- Stretch before you ride.
- Trailer your horse somewhere, hand graze him, then take him home.
Editor’s Note: And perhaps the best way of all… make sure you subscribe to Eclectic Horseman Magazine!