Eclectic Horseman Issue No. 104
Margaret Dorrance Photos and Obituary
The Progressions of the Soft Feel with Buck Brannaman
Buck walks the reader through the progression of the soft feel from asking for it from the ground at a standstill to carrying it through walk-canter transitions and much more.
What I Learned About “Turn Loose” From Cancer by Jim Hicks
Jim discusses the challenges and lessons from his battle with cancer.
Influencing The Horse’s Chemistry to Our Benefit by Martin Black and Dr. Stephen Peters
Understanding how the cricket in a traditional bridle bit can affect a change in your horse in more than one way.
Visits… with Bryan Neubert Part 2 by Pat Gleeson
Some thoughts from Pat on riding with Bryan at his home ranch in Alturas, California.
Translating the Work: An Interview With Milly Hunt Porter, Part Three by Donnette Hicks
Understanding the life and history of the writer who made possible two of the greatest print resources on horsemanship.
Learning About the Mystery of Riding Your Horse’s Feet by Dave Ellis
Many great horsemanship teachers use the concept of riding your horse’s feet in their teaching… Dave examines how you can put that into practice.
Readiness: Metaphor #1 by Connie Crawford
Luke Neubert uses the game of pool as a metaphor for how he wants a horse to feel ready to move in any direction.
Saddling Fallacies Part 2: Historical Riding Styles by Deb Bennett, Ph.D.
A rich look into the history of riding style, saddles and gear from various historical time periods.
Eclectic Horseman Magazine Subscription
$38.00 – $120.00
You’ve just found Eclectic Horseman, the bi-monthly magazine dedicated to educating horse owners of all skill levels and disciplines. Eclectic Horseman is filled with solid information for horse owners of every skill level and takes a balanced approach to your education.
Every issue features detailed how-to articles from a number of top trainers and clinicians as well as thought-provoking philosophical stories. Eclectic Horseman is different from any other horse publication on the market.
How-To Articles With:
- Horse training tips with the best in the business.
- Detailed step-by-step articles teaching readers how to perform specific tasks or accomplish certain goals with their horse.
- Articles covering a variety of levels, one for beginners, one for more advanced riders.
- Easy to follow photos layouts and diagrams for you to follow.
- Exploring how craftsmen create the equipment we use on our horses and ourselves.
- Looking outside traditional understandings: biomechanics, body movement, holistic medicines.
- Studies and reprints of ancient horsemanship texts to learn from the masters of the past.
- Anecdotes from talented horsemen that teach a horsemanship lesson or experience.
- Exploring why horses have certain reactions and why some methods are more effective.
- Stories that teach how to build a better relationship through understanding and communication.
To the very best customers in the world,
Would you be interested in never missing an issue, saving yourself some hassle, and saving us a stamp! :) Then drop us a note at checkout or call 303-449-3537 to let us know if you would like the option to auto renew your subscription(s).
Thanks for all your support!
— Eclectic Horseman