Eclectic Horseman Issue No. 108
A Backup Plan with Joe Wolter By Patti Hudson
Joe shares some insight offered by Bill Dorrance about the role moving forward plays in a horse’s ability to back with life.
Why Do Groundwork? By Tom Moates
Groundwork is an integral part of horsemanship in that it helps build a relationship with your equine partner, being able to check in mentally and physically before stepping up into the saddle.
Six Tools for Vaporizing Anxiety By Scott Depaolo
There are so many good things waiting for you on the other side of anxiety. Scott offers six tools to rid yourself of anxiety.
Feeling What a Horse Needs – Helping Shorty Part 1 with Tom Curtin Photos by Emily Kitching
Tom demonstrates how you might use something that a horse is unsure about to help him learn to move out and get confident.
Preventing and Dealing With Foot Phobias Part Two: The Older Horse By Heather Smith Thomas
If you have an older horse with foot phobias here are some ideas to help you help your horse.
Eclectic Horseman Magazine Subscription
$38.00 – $120.00
You’ve just found Eclectic Horseman, the bi-monthly magazine dedicated to educating horse owners of all skill levels and disciplines. Eclectic Horseman is filled with solid information for horse owners of every skill level and takes a balanced approach to your education.
Every issue features detailed how-to articles from a number of top trainers and clinicians as well as thought-provoking philosophical stories. Eclectic Horseman is different from any other horse publication on the market.
How-To Articles With:
- Horse training tips with the best in the business.
- Detailed step-by-step articles teaching readers how to perform specific tasks or accomplish certain goals with their horse.
- Articles covering a variety of levels, one for beginners, one for more advanced riders.
- Easy to follow photos layouts and diagrams for you to follow.
- Exploring how craftsmen create the equipment we use on our horses and ourselves.
- Looking outside traditional understandings: biomechanics, body movement, holistic medicines.
- Studies and reprints of ancient horsemanship texts to learn from the masters of the past.
- Anecdotes from talented horsemen that teach a horsemanship lesson or experience.
- Exploring why horses have certain reactions and why some methods are more effective.
- Stories that teach how to build a better relationship through understanding and communication.
Buy a friend a gift subscription: Follow this link.
— Eclectic Horseman
Make renewing easier and subscribe with auto-renewals: Follow this link. Your credit card is tokenized and safe.
— Eclectic Horseman