Better jumping in 5 minutes a day! Start or end your riding sessions with Wendy Murdoch’s 5-Minute Fixes. Transform what you can’t do to what you can do. You’ll be amazed how quickly you can replace bad habits with good ones!
In this DVD, learn Wendy’s favorite solutions for a better position over fences, how to perform them safely and correctly, as well as how and why each Fix works. The following Fixes from Wendy’s book 40 5-Minute Jumping Fixes are included:
- Fix 7: Locate Your Hip Joints from the Front
- Fix 8: Find Your Hip Joints from the Side and Below
- Fix 9: Locate Your Hip Joints from the Back
- Fix 12: Position Your Leg for a Solid Base of Support
- Fix 17: Weight the Inside Edge of Your Stirrups
- Fix 21: Ground Your Foot for Good Support
- Fix 24: Slide Your Shoulder Blades Back
- Fix 25: Look Up By Nodding at Your Poll
Plus: Bringing it all together so you’re more secure in the saddle before, during, and after every jump.
Wendy Murdoch is a talented instructor. This DVD is a good compliment to her 5 minute fix books. I would suggest getting both, as that really helped me understand what was going on.
You’ll want to get both 5 minute fixes DVD’s, even if you don’t jump, because many of the posture strategies discussed in the jumping DVD are very useful for general equitation. I watch these over and over, as each time I pick up something new. But what’s most fun about these as that it is very easy to go from watching the DVD and practicing it on your horse — that is, Wendy explains things with words, metaphors, and models in a way that works for all types of learners. Something as simple as looking away from the direction you are going on a turn – which is counterintuitive- can undo years of collapsing your inside ribs. You will learn straightforward fixes that will improve your riding and make your horse grateful, too!