Roundtable – Staying in the Saddle
by Tom Moates
Riding is not just for the young! Tom interviews clinicians and older riders about the challenges of teaching and being a senior rider.
Bogus Ideas in Horsemanship –
No.2: Bigger Is Better by Deb Bennett, Ph.D.
Dr. Deb explores the trend of extra large horses and what that extra size means to both horse and rider.
Feeling What a Horse Needs Part 4 –
Beginning Groundwork by Tom Curtin
Tom continues his narration of starting a young horse. In this installment he does some basic groundwork and examines the situations that arise for horse and human.
A Third, A Third, A Third by Martin Black
Martin discusses the distribution of his weight in the saddle while riding. He discusses the hows and whys of this distribution.
Eclectic Horseman Magazine Subscription
$38.00 – $120.00
You’ve just found Eclectic Horseman, the bi-monthly magazine dedicated to educating horse owners of all skill levels and disciplines. Eclectic Horseman is filled with solid information for horse owners of every skill level and takes a balanced approach to your education.
Every issue features detailed how-to articles from a number of top trainers and clinicians as well as thought-provoking philosophical stories. Eclectic Horseman is different from any other horse publication on the market.
How-To Articles With:
- Horse training tips with the best in the business.
- Detailed step-by-step articles teaching readers how to perform specific tasks or accomplish certain goals with their horse.
- Articles covering a variety of levels, one for beginners, one for more advanced riders.
- Easy to follow photos layouts and diagrams for you to follow.
- Exploring how craftsmen create the equipment we use on our horses and ourselves.
- Looking outside traditional understandings: biomechanics, body movement, holistic medicines.
- Studies and reprints of ancient horsemanship texts to learn from the masters of the past.
- Anecdotes from talented horsemen that teach a horsemanship lesson or experience.
- Exploring why horses have certain reactions and why some methods are more effective.
- Stories that teach how to build a better relationship through understanding and communication.
To the very best customers in the world,
Would you be interested in never missing an issue, saving yourself some hassle, and saving us a stamp! :) Then drop us a note at checkout or call 303-449-3537 to let us know if you would like the option to auto renew your subscription(s).
Thanks for all your support!
— Eclectic Horseman